It’s a 4-day countdown to Bass Classic, but there’s still time to register! Online registration https://bassclassic.catchadream.org/registration is open until 9 pm Saturday, and in-person registration can be done 4:30 – 7:30 pm Saturday at Bass Pro Shops, Pearl (where you can enjoy some great Penn’s catfish!) or at the tourney pavilion Sunday morning. We suggest that you NOT MAIL forms after today, since we cannot assure that we’ll receive them by Friday.
We’ve received a few phone calls, so just to clarify. The Early Bird discounted registration ends at 5 pm today, BUT Registration remains open thru tournament time. You can register online until 9 pm Saturday May 6 at the Regular Registration fee of $150. And, of course, you can register in person at the Registration event at Bass Pro Shops anytime between 4:30 and 7:30 pm on Saturday May 6.
Why did you move the Registration Dinner from the Trademart to Bass Pro Shops, Pearl, MS ?
ANSWER: Several reasons, some based upon past experience, some based upon input from our Angler Survey last summer:
1) Many folks expressed decreasing comfort relative to safety at night in the Trademart/Fairgrounds parking lots
2) The costs for renting the Trademart facilities have increased
3) Attendance and interest during the evening program have decreased
4) The need to “refresh” the Registration event was expressed by many
5) Bass Pro Shops is hosting the event free of charge
6) We can provide a much more family friendly and informal environment at Bass Pro Shops
7) It’s a convenient location for everyone
8) Most everyone makes a stop by Bass Pro Shops right before the tournament anyway!
We’re getting some questions, which is great! So we’ll address those most Frequently Asked in a series of posts.
FAQ1: How does the event at Bass Pro Shops work? ANSWER: Registration tables will be set up in rear of store starting at 4:30 pm. Pre-registered anglers report to get credentials, meal tickets, goody bags then enjoy the Penns Catfish dinner. Anglers who need to register onsite report to “new registration” table and register, then receive credentials, bags, etc. Everyone with a meal ticket can enjoy the meal on the Tracker Patio ANY TIME between 5 and 7 pm, enjoy a leisurely visit with friends and then leave when they are ready to prepare for an early morning on Sunday. There will be no formal program. Onsite Registration will be open until 7:30 pm so you can arrive at any time and there is no rush to get there early!